While many people may be enjoying the celebrations this weekend it can be a very frightening time for our pets and wildlife. Here are a few tips to help keep your pets safe and happy.
- Bring all small animals inside where possible and place them in a quite location in the house. Make sure they warm and check on them regularly.
- Make sure your dogs are wearing a tag with your contact number and get those microchips up to date. Do not let your dog out unsupervised. Even the most well behaved dogs in secure fences have been known to get out from the fright of the noise. If possible keep them on a lead when going out tonight especially if you have low fences.
- Keep your dogs busy with toys and kongs and make sure they have a safe hiding place if needed.
- Make sure all cats are inside.
- You can try plugin diffusers for both cats and dogs to help with the stress.
- Try and make sure someone stays at home with the pets as this will be a very stressful time for them.